I ni ce!!! It always drove me crazy when PC Mali stuff would show up at our house and the material would would start off like that. Now that I understand it, I like to use it myself!
We are back in village studying hard to learn bambarankan. It's going pretty well, but they use 1 word for multiple English words. It's really difficult as context defines certain words. The tenses are pretty funky too.
After a few days at the PC training center we are back in our training village. We both had a warm welcome from our families, which made being back less stressful. Mark has since fallen ill, but he's recovering nicely. Dooni, Donni as they say here (slowly, slowly). It actually describes the way of life here.
In a few days we head off to the training center and then to our permanant site for 1 week! We are excited and apprehensive about living in Malitainia (n. 1. lands in Mali that are practically situated in Mauritania 2. The parts of Mali and Mauritania where borders are undefined) More to come on Malitania once we've been there!
I understand that people can't post to the blog. I believe I have fixed this. I think I set it to have your comments emailed before being posted, just in case you can't see them.
Go ahead, just have it delivered, you lazy...
The Happy Couple
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Ok - I'm testing to see if I can comment!
Woo Hoo Sam & Mark!!!!! I am so excited for you guys, this will be such an amazing experiance!
HI guys! just wanted to send my love and let you know i check the site about once a week and we miss you guys much here in jackson. Keep up the posts! hope you are well
-brad
Hi Guys,
Love your new digs! Pat and I also found a place - in lovely Dorcester. For now, we are staying in the Boston area. I leave for Morocco in 20 days!!!! I can't wait, although my accommodations will probably be a little more on the Western side.
We're really proud of you. Make sure you post your mailing address when you get it so we can send you a package.
Love, Jackie xoxox
This is so cool! Sounds like you two are taking it all in stride ... excellent! Smut Hollywood mags are on the way!!
It's been great reading your blog and sounds like things have been an adventure so far! Good luck, I look forward to lots more updates.
testing. testing.
Guys -
Keep up the posts as allowable - you've got readers...
Mark hope you're feeling better.
pro deo et patria,
-BDC
Hi guys!!
We love keeping up with you. We just got home from Jackson. It was weird being there without you both. Rob and Caryn's wedding was fun, but you were definetly missed!!
Glad to hear that all is going well. Hope Mark is feeling better.
Enjoy!!
Post a Comment